"Friendship" - a special feeling shared by masses... a feeling stretching beyond silly definitions, asymmetric complexities, arresting limitations, physical classifications, geographical distances, economical classes and religious rivalries...

Sound of word "Friend" comes across with a special warmth as in a lovesome hug, it invokes a nostalgic harmony in my mind, along with lots of pleasant memories (Hum rahe yaa na rahe kal playing in background.... ) ;)

I consider myself blessed to possess so many true friends... You make me fearless of getting into any stinking shit for I know you are there to pull me out it, the way I would pull you out of one... For someone like me who has been staying away from home since the age of 17, friends have not an an inch lesser than my family... I literally eat, drink, and sleep with my friends (its 8 years, and counting)... Once inside my friendship web, I've hardly let anyone out... Orkut, Facebook and Twitter deserves due credit for helping me stay in touch with my darling friends...

This day, 2nd August 2009 is celebrated as "World Friendship Day"... Many argue that friends do not need a day to express their love to each others, may be we dont... but still I shall grab this opportunity to thank all those special people who are integral part my life...

"Thank you my friend for being meaningful in so many ways"

Thank you my friend for walking into my life, and for letting me be a part of your life...
Thank you for sharing all my happiness, and all my sorrows...
Thank you for believing in me when I found it difficult to believe in myself...
Thank you my friend, for being bliss in my life...

Your comforting presence make my grieves short lived,
If not for you, my jubilations would not be lasting as long as it do...
Your kind words lighten my heart, and guide me right during tough times...
From you I always hear what I need to hear instead of what I want to hear...

Thank you my friend, for trusting me with your thoughts, disappointments and dreams...
Thank you for all the special memories with me...
Thank you my friend for putting so much of thought, care and imagination into our friendship...
Thank you for knowing you can depend on me always...

Thank you my friend for being meaningful in so many ways...


Some of you walked into my life as early as I let out my first cry... some joined a little late... I just wish you could 've made that entry into my life earlier, and pray that you stay here for eternity...



Love always...
Shamz...

24 comments
  1. Ire August 1, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

    Happy friendships day! :)

  2. Hani August 1, 2009 at 11:40 PM  

    wow man...good one!n saaame to u!!!:D

  3. Sheikh Jasmir August 2, 2009 at 4:34 AM  

    Thanks BUDDY... We frndz, will make u a PERFECT HUMAN BEING in coming years...

  4. Shamrez Zack August 2, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

    Thanks for droping by Nik & Hani...

    Jas... Sure dude... I tho still have a chance of evolving into a PERFECT HUMAN BEING...
    But in your case dear, Sigh!.. Sorry!!! Leave being a PERFECT one, we are even losing hope on making you a HUMAN BEING.. :P

  5. sayrem August 2, 2009 at 7:27 AM  

    yes, I do suppose ur frnds wud mean a lot....it shows through completely.

  6. distanthorizon August 2, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

    Good one da!

  7. Shamrez Zack August 6, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

    Sayrem, Prat... thanks for droping by :)

  8. Chithira Menon August 7, 2009 at 1:58 AM  

    belated friendship day wishes...nice thoughts out there...:)

  9. Toon Indian August 7, 2009 at 3:28 AM  

    came here through your twitter handle..happy friendship day dude(belated)!!

  10. Shamrez Zack August 7, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

    the insomniac gypsy - thanks pal... glad you found it nice... belated friendship day wishes to you too... Insomnia Rulezzz !!! :) @rahul.. Hey twude thanks for droping by... belated friendship day wishes to you too...

  11. Anonymous August 13, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

    Hope this comment gets posted!

  12. Arti Honrao August 13, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

    Yes, friends do not need friendship day to express their care and love for their friends but I still love to celebrate this day because it gives me a chance to collect happy memories that would last for a long time. Memories I can dwell in whenever I am sad...



    GBU
    Arti

  13. Chithira Menon August 15, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

    u left the blogging world??long time no see...neways have tagged u with one..do finish it up whn u get time...:)

  14. Shamrez Zack August 16, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

    Thanks for your comments Arti.. You are an inspiration...

    Yes Amrit, My comment section is working now :)

    Thanks Chitz.. have obliged...

  15. Pallavi August 16, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

    Cheers to all the friends!!! Friendship day is just one more day to know how bless we are to have friends in our life. Life without the love and support of friends is unimaginable. So to all the friends in this world, You Rock!!!

  16. Harish August 17, 2009 at 4:29 AM  

    :) i dont know if i understand the meaning of friendship. But i do understand the feeling.

    People like you are not friends that are made. You are amongst those friends who Happen to people.

    Wish you all the goodness and kindness and all that it takes for you to be you. For me nothing else matters than the happeness of people around me. People like you, whom i donot connect, havent met, but share a fondness with.

    Thank you darling.

  17. Harish August 17, 2009 at 4:29 AM  

    :) i dont know if i understand the meaning of friendship. But i do understand the feeling.

    People like you are not friends that are made. You are amongst those friends who Happen to people.

    Wish you all the goodness and kindness and all that it takes for you to be you. For me nothing else matters than the happeness of people around me. People like you, whom i donot connect, havent met, but share a fondness with.

    Thank you darling.

  18. Harish August 17, 2009 at 4:29 AM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  19. Shamrez Zack August 20, 2009 at 3:24 AM  

    Thanks for the wonderful comments Harish & Pallavi... :)

    U are my inspiration.. :)

  20. sudha August 20, 2009 at 3:53 AM  

    nice message about frienship

  21. Shamrez Zack August 20, 2009 at 4:03 AM  

    Thanks fr droping by Sudha.... glad u liked the post :)

  22. Srushti Rao August 28, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

    Hey Shamrez... very aptly put. Yes, frnds are people u can count on no matter what and they r people who bring that joy in your life... they will tell u when u are wrong and still stand by u.

    I am glad that I am connected with you and may our connection develop into a frndship...

    All the best

  23. Mahesh Mohan August 29, 2009 at 6:11 AM  

    it's done by someone who is madly in love with his friends. :)

  24. Shamrez Zack October 5, 2009 at 1:37 AM  

    @Srushti -> thanks for dropping by and posting those beautiful comments..

    @Mahi -> Arguably the best comment for this post... Thanks bro... :)