Just received a statutory communication from my employer regarding Swine Flu/H1N1. Considered it obligatory to pass this on to my friends... Here it go...
Information from WHO (Wordl Health Organization) these previous days mention a Swine Flu pandemic. This Flu is transmittable from person to person, unlike avian flu where transmission person to person hasn’t been proved.
What is swine flu?
Pigs spread their own strains of influenza and every so often people catch one,
usually after contact with the animals. This new strain is a mix of pig viruses with some human and bird viruses.
Unlike more typical swine flu, it is spreading person‐to‐person.
Apart from Mexico, there are very few established occurrences; nevertheless we have to remain vigilant.
Is Swine Flu infectiuous ?
Yes, it is. Transmission may occur person to person
How does SWINE FLU spreads to humans?
As a classic flu :
o Through caugh, sneezes, nose blowings,
o By touching infected surfaces or objects then by touching mouth and nose.
What are signs and symptoms ?
The same as classic flu : fever, caugh, throatache, headache, cold and weakness
How diagnose Swine Flu ?
By taking samples and virological analysis.
Does a Swine Flu vaccine exist ?
No, Seasonal Flu vaccine is ineffective.
Do medications exist to treat Swine Flu ?
Yes, Tamiflu® and Relenza® are effective treatments.
On medical advice, take the treatment as soon as possible within the first 2 days after the first symptoms of flu.
Also possible as prevention measure, always on medical prescrition.
How long Swine Flu infected peole remain infectious ?
Possible contagion during the incubation period (1 to 7 days) and during the illness.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY IN CASE OF SPENDING TIME IN A SWINE FLU INFECTED COUNTRY
Follow the instructions given in the arrival airport,
Use disposable handkerchiefs during caughs and sneezes,
Wash hands as often as possible with water and soap, for 30 seconds at least,
particularly after caughing and sneezing an/or use specific disinfectant solutions
Avoid contact with infected people (public gathering),
In case of symptoms when abroad
Contact immediately Repatriation assistance company to get appropriate information
on course of actions to be taken
In case of symptoms back to home
During the fight : Warn aircraft crew
After the arrival : phone to the doctor
Don’t go to your family doctor (Risk of contamination of patients in the waiting room).
If you find it useful, dont think twice before passing it on...
For a healthy world :)
Just received a statutory communication from my employer regarding Swine Flu/H1N1. Considered it obligatory to pass this on to my friends... Here it go...
Amrit tagged me into this interesting thought trigger. I have to bold whatever I have done out of these…So here I go!
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said “I love you” and meant it (When I say it..I mean it!!)
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped - Not yet, but soon will ;)
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise - It was way of life, once up on a time ;)
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game - I have always been an intense spectator :)
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars (I juz luv it :) )
20. Changed a baby’s diaper (dint get an opportunity…and m glad !!! :) )
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten Drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger (its always fun !!! )
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can - we do it every time we pass a tunnel..
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster (ooohhh….how much I love it)
35. Hit a home run (On my nintendo)
36. Danced like a fool and didn’t care who was looking - thats what I do every time I dance ;)
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer - Still have two :)
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk
- Don't ask me who, I wont say ;)
42. Had amazing friends - (I am blessed with very very amazing friends… Love you guyz)
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country - Read foreign state :)
44. Watched whales
45. Stolen a sign - My mumma's sign while in school, Dad's sign is too difficult :(
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip - It gives me ecstasy
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Taken a midnight walk on the beach - an ultimate relaxing exercise one can opt for...
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke - Only when I am alone... :)
59. Lounged around in bed all day - For about 2 months at a stretch...
60. Played touch football
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theatre
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo (Temporary one)…
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on a television news program as an “expert”
83. Gotten flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage (Many times)
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music - We Jammed @ 3 AM ;)
87. Eaten shark
88. Kissed on the first date
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Passed out cold
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country - Foriegn state again... exotic hills of Kodai was worth the pain of going round on bicycle ;)
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over - 4 times already ;)
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking with the windows open - A group excercise ;)
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication - Not too large, but large enough covering 10,000 emplyeess ;)
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback (sometimes feel …why the hell we do it…it hurts you bak :O )
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart (but believe me…its hurts back..and thats a plain truth)
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a TV game show
113. Broken a bone - Same bone thrise ;)
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for 30 hours in a 48 hour period
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. States
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Touched a cockroach (Unknowingly)
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad and The Odyssey
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions (how unlucky I am!!! )
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language (do it almost everyday)
139. Been elected to public office
- @ College
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream (It’s an awesome feeling)
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair (colored my hair…)
147. Been a DJ (At a party at friend’s place)
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident
150. Saved someone’s life - No heroics, but through the great cause of blood donation
Thanks bud... This was a refreshing tag, helped me recall some wonderful time I had in my life..
I am tagging Nee, Prathap, Kits and Chithira to this pleasantry ;)
Its really been tough 3 days... started off with a bad water leak in our bed room on Wednesday night... It was a bloody mess...
needless to say that we didn’t bother to look our watch before waking the landlord... Nonetheless we couldn’t find the source of leakage and had to shift our stuffs out of bedroom and stack everything up in the hall, me and my roomies included... :(
A Chelsea win would've warmed my heart amidst this confusion... But it was not to be the case, badluck and umpiring err got better off.... Result: a shocking injury time defeat to the blues, that was after maintaining a 1-0 lead for close to 85 Mins and Barca paid homage to Reff for disallowing 3 Chelsea Penalty shots.. :(
Cometh the next day (7th May 2009)...
"7" my lucky number otherwise, also ditched me and flipped side this time... I was pushed into more confusion as early as 7 AM in the morning... purely official and less fatal than a night of bad sleep with the threat of being drowned (exaggerated, yes !!!)...
day started with some torturous and agonizing Gyan of our out of sorts Angrezi Mukhyadhikaari... first for a mail trail between 2 of my colleagues.... and then a personal session for highlighting another angrezi to-be employee's racial remark (Damn just before I received the mail with the regretful remark, I was fighting with a close associate for that Angrezi C******)...
Our Mukhyadhikaari's session was not "CRITICAL", he was just letting me know being an angrezi how he understood the other person's sentiments when he wrote that remark and how he expects us (lesser mortals) to understand the angrezi babu's "sentiments"...
And those of you know me well would also know how I would’ve rationalized my view... ;)
It was rationalized alright, but the to-be employee angrezi, who was completely unaware of all this, followed his earlier mail with another one, with similar remarks... my bp was raised higher, but i refrained from highlighting it (yaar, just 1 moth into this job and dnt wanna go job hunting during this recession)... Anyway lets C how this fuzzy character get along in this fairyland... I bet he is gonna be entertaining... ;)
thankfully day ended on a highnote.... CSK's electrifyin win over Bubblies lightened my mooood.. ;) The terrifiic Chennai trinity was on song... balls disappeared all around the park... but it was a breathtaker before final anxious moments were tackled by Dhoni's cricketing acumen and Raina's smart bowling... GO CSK GO !!!
I wouldn’t have been so much in disdain if things stopped there... but Murphy's Extended Law prevailed... I repent the decision to attend a supposedly constructive seminar on Friday afternoon... I left seminar halfway with so much of unanswered question... but gladly, the law seems to have ceased there...
Rest of my Friday I spent shopping like a maniac :)... my Saturday is been smooth and relatively unclogged giving time to muse on the law and publish here, all this while am @ office ;)...
Just as I am completing this, I can see Bubblies staring at another challenging score... Sreeshanth's 4th over curse continues... If UV decides to under bowl Sree and restrict his max overs to 3, his chasing worries mite be less 10 runs at least... His 4th over has costed over 20 runs everytime he has bowled one here, in this edition of IPL... Symo is back with a bang with some mighty hitting.. we have a match in our hand... I am off to follow it :)..
Ashwin tagged me into this grueling exercise of self exploration, and I am obliging... But not before tagging a few of my buddies.. Nee, Prathap, Kits, Gari and Mishti.. Guys.. try it out.. Its interesting... :)
Here I go >>>
1. Were you named after anyone?
Nope…I know a few named after me… ;)!
2. When was the last time you cried?
Here I agree with Ashwin that Guyz don’t cry is passé…. Last time I wet my eyes wen I was biding adieu from my Chennai pals … Miss U guyz !!!
3. Do you like your handwriting?
My handwriting is a mess, and I hate writing… But that doesn’t mean I hate my handwriting.. does it???
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Prawns n Squid.
5. Do you have kids?
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Of course I would have definitely been ‘Good Friends’ with me, provided me and the other me meets…
7. Do you use sarcasm?
Yes I do. Use it a loot to tease friends..!! Jez 4 fun...
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Eh ??? Yes …
9. Would you bungee jump?
Oh yes, I am craving for a chance …
10. What is your favorite cereal?
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Not always…. take em off without untying weneva possible..
12. If you were to pick your own first name, what would it be?
I love my name… Does that answer you ???
13. What is your favorite ice-cream?
Butterscotch will have a slight edge over other flavors...
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Way the person dresses and carries themselves and of course the way they talk…Pleasant, the better…
15. Red or Pink?
RED.. Kits, dnt be surprised.. I mean it
16. Whom do you miss the most?
I have to be generic here, list is too long to be published… I miss my family and friends…
17. Do you want everyone to complete the list?
Yes... It will help me know them better…
18. What color clothes are you wearing?
Faded Blue Jean + Grey Kurtha.. :)
19. What are you listening to right now?
You are beautiful – James Blunt
20. If you were a crayon what color would you be?
Black or Blue…
21. Favorite smells?
Azarro – Silver Black & Chrome / Ferrari Black and Smell of soil on a rainy day..
22. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Malahyati Zamzam or Hoang TRAN THANH… Who ever it is ;)…
23. How do you know the person who sent this to you?
Yes, he is a good friend, fellow blogger and was my colleague..
24. Favorite sports to watch?
I am a sport buff… Would even watch Golf :).. Fav would be Cricket, F1, Moto GP, NBA, EPL, CL and tennis grand slams…
25. Hair Color?
26. Eye Color?
27. Do you wear contacts?
28. Favorite Foods?
I am a foodie… So this goes for a pass
29. Scary movies or happy endings?
Depends on the mood! Mostly happy endings though..
30. Last movie you watched?
Bourne Ultimatum – nth time
31. What book are you reading right now?
Losing my virginity – Just adore RB.. He is awesome :)
32. Summer or Winter?
33. Hugs or Kisses?
Both are needed but if I have to chose one, I would prefer a “I am there for you, always” Hug over a Kiss.. ;) (Dude, sorry I picked your line…)
35. Describe your pencil cup?
36. Favorite Artists?
James Blunt, Atif Aslam, Shreya Ghosal, Anwesha Batta, Linkin Park, Bryan Adams Etc…
37. What kind of music are you into?
Rock, soft rock, old bollywood hindi songs(new and old), tamil songs and a handful of Mal songs!!
38. What is on your mouse pad?
Its plain black with a small arm rest..
39. What did you watch on TV last night?
Splitsvilla, IPL and EPL………..
40. Favorite Sound(s)?
Vrrooooooommmmmm and plucking of guitar..
41. Do you sing or play an instrument?
Can fiddle around with Guitar n Key bord!!!
42. What is the farthest you’ve been from home?
Doha (Qatar), the place where I am now…
43. Do you have a special talent?
I am Leaving this for you to comment on
44. Where were you born?
In a small, but happening town >> Telicherry… The Notorious Political Battle Ground @ Gods Own Country
45. Favorite piece of jewelery?
46. How did you meet your spouse/significant other?
Sob sob.. Yet to find the perfect match….
47. Favorite Song?
That’s definitely not a fair question to ask !!!
48. Favorite Musical Movie?
Only musical movie I remember now is High School Musical.. So let is be
Uffff.. It was a loong one.. Most of these questions got me thinking...