Murphy's Extended Law

Posted by Shamrez Zack | 3:45 AM

"If a series of events can go wrong, they will do so in the worst possible sequence"


Its really been tough 3 days... started off with a bad water leak in our bed room on Wednesday night... It was a bloody mess...

needless to say that we didn’t bother to look our watch before waking the landlord... Nonetheless we couldn’t find the source of leakage and had to shift our stuffs out of bedroom and stack everything up in the hall, me and my roomies included... :(

A Chelsea win would've warmed my heart amidst this confusion... But it was not to be the case, badluck and umpiring err got better off.... Result: a shocking injury time defeat to the blues, that was after maintaining a 1-0 lead for close to 85 Mins and Barca paid homage to Reff for disallowing 3 Chelsea Penalty shots.. :(

Cometh the next day (7th May 2009)...

"7" my lucky number otherwise, also ditched me and flipped side this time... I was pushed into more confusion as early as 7 AM in the morning... purely official and less fatal than a night of bad sleep with the threat of being drowned (exaggerated, yes !!!)...

day started with some torturous and agonizing Gyan of our out of sorts Angrezi Mukhyadhikaari... first for a mail trail between 2 of my colleagues.... and then a personal session for highlighting another angrezi to-be employee's racial remark (Damn just before I received the mail with the regretful remark, I was fighting with a close associate for that Angrezi C******)...

Our Mukhyadhikaari's session was not "CRITICAL", he was just letting me know being an angrezi how he understood the other person's sentiments when he wrote that remark and how he expects us (lesser mortals) to understand the angrezi babu's "sentiments"...

And those of you know me well would also know how I would’ve rationalized my view... ;)

It was rationalized alright, but the to-be employee angrezi, who was completely unaware of all this, followed his earlier mail with another one, with similar remarks... my bp was raised higher, but i refrained from highlighting it (yaar, just 1 moth into this job and dnt wanna go job hunting during this recession)... Anyway lets C how this fuzzy character get along in this fairyland... I bet he is gonna be entertaining... ;)

thankfully day ended on a highnote.... CSK's electrifyin win over Bubblies lightened my mooood.. ;) The terrifiic Chennai trinity was on song... balls disappeared all around the park... but it was a breathtaker before final anxious moments were tackled by Dhoni's cricketing acumen and Raina's smart bowling... GO CSK GO !!!

I wouldn’t have been so much in disdain if things stopped there... but Murphy's Extended Law prevailed... I repent the decision to attend a supposedly constructive seminar on Friday afternoon... I left seminar halfway with so much of unanswered question... but gladly, the law seems to have ceased there...

Rest of my Friday I spent shopping like a maniac :)... my Saturday is been smooth and relatively unclogged giving time to muse on the law and publish here, all this while am @ office ;)...

Just as I am completing this, I can see Bubblies staring at another challenging score... Sreeshanth's 4th over curse continues... If UV decides to under bowl Sree and restrict his max overs to 3, his chasing worries mite be less 10 runs at least... His 4th over has costed over 20 runs everytime he has bowled one here, in this edition of IPL... Symo is back with a bang with some mighty hitting.. we have a match in our hand... I am off to follow it :)..

4 comments
  1. Jezzzz May 9, 2009 at 6:08 AM  

    Good one... U r turning out to be HARDCORE BLOGGER.. Huhhhh... Shall i sponsor some advertisement in this..???

  2. Shamrez Zack May 9, 2009 at 6:18 AM  

    Thanks M8...

    Trying HARD to be a BLOGGER with CORE ;)

    Can we talk bout sponsershp offline??? IT guyz are listening... LoL...

  3. Anonymous May 9, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

    I heard it :)

    Good one Zack. And hey..u have been tagged again..but from me and not Ashiwn this time!

  4. Gastro Mallu August 27, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

    oh!! I liked this bro....good one!!!

    :)